Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 20, 2012

BIG Questions (Double Post Yaya!)


I like that..."Double Post Yaya!". I'm pretty sure that's going to become a regular thing.

Anywhösen, my first big week was part hectic, part malarky. At times I felt as if I was trying to do so much that it seemed to me that I was about to one-up Superman in a way, but other times I didn't know what to do. Maybe these questions will help answer some of my own.



1) You've worked on a group film and on your own. In which situation are you most comfortable - group or solo? Which do you work best in?I wish I couldn't say this but I think I work more productively alone as to with a group of people.

2) What did you learn that you expected to learn?
I learned how to manage my time more wisely and precisely, which really helped me towards the end of the week.

3) What did you learn that you didn't expect to learn?  
I was constantly surrounded by others who were also working on their various BigWeek projects, so I guess you could say that I learned more about the others in STAC and their interests, especially during presentation day.

4) What didn't you learn that you expected to learn?
To speak truthfully, I wasn't expecting to learn much, if anything at all when starting this whole shebang. Whatever I did learn was a total, pleasant surprise.
 
5) Praise your amazing achievement and explain your brilliant plan for pulling it off.
My end result was better than I expected, but I sort of saw that coming, being that I'm usually hard on myself and critical about most of my work. I had done things in that recording that I have never tried before (using glassware as an instrument) and was impressed with the first-time results. This coming from myself, a guy who had no idea how he was going to record common kitchenware a week and a half ago.

6) How much time did you spend working?
I spent about three to five hours a day working. So over the course of BigWeek (not counting presentation day) I would say I spent a total of about 18 hours on this project.

7) How much time did you spend thinking about the work - sort of sitting there and staring at it, or listening to it over and over again, etc.?
Probably a quarter of my total work time.At times, it really took a while to figure out what I wanted to put next into the song...almost like creative trial-and-error.

8) How much time did you spend doing other stuff that seems like work to that make you think you're working but you're not?
I would have to say only about an hour...I don't have time for games you know?minecraft

9) How much time did you spend socializing?
I'm not sure exactly how much time, but yes, I was talking to people here and there.

10) How did you use your community?
If I was stumped on a part in the song, or I wanted someone's opinion on a new track I just added etc., I would ask someone to listen to what I had so far. I'm also a part-time charcoal model as it may seem...
11) Rip apart your awful project and how did such a disaster happen?
I hated the fact that I didn't have much time for final mixing/mastering because that's what I usually do with songs I produce and I'm used to their kind of quality. Time was also an issue when I came up with the brilliant idea to create a "music video", per say, to accompany the song. I have it half completed to this day.

12) You've completed a step on your path. What is your next step?
This is a very abstract question. It deserves an abstract answer. Peaches.



As Drew Carey would say: "Don't forget to get your pet spaded or neutered! Have a good night everybody!"


-Peter


1 comment:

  1. 12) You've completed a step on your path. What is your next step?
    This is a very abstract question. It deserves an abstract answer. Peaches.

    No, it's not an abstract question at all. And peaches isn't an abstract answer, it's a non-sequiteur. More than that, it's a cop out.

    Answer the question. Don't screw around with me this way.

    Luke

    ReplyDelete