Powered By Blogger

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Seven Questions


For the record, I thought the questions needed to be handed in physically during class...a little miscalculation on my part. Anyway, here are the answers to the questions, completed on time, "handed in" one day late:

*---------------------------------------------------------* 

1) What is the first creative moment you remember?

   I can remember going around my old apartment and scouring the various nooks and crannies of my abode for random toys. I would use those toys to try and create an elaborate (at least in a three year old's case) apparatus to complete a simple action, such as eventually toppling an action figure or something like that. Almost like a rube goldberg machine.

2) Was anyone there to witness or appreciate it?

   I'm sure I called my parents over to see them once or twice, but other than them, I was the only one who ever knew about them.

3) What is the best idea you've ever had?

   I never had a best idea, but I've had a few times where I was just thinking about life and developed great questions. For example, have you ever wondered why things are the way they are? Or how about thinking about the universe and how ever-expanding it presumably is? Have you ever wondered what is beyond it?

4) What made it great in your mind?

   It's great to have "ideas" like these that are unanswered because this way there is room for discussion and debate and most of all, creative thought. Since these ideas have no definite answer, you are free to think what you want to think and beautifully never find an answer.

5) What is the dumbest idea?

   I built three coal power plants in the center of one of my metropolises in Sim City 4 because there was no room on the outskirts of the city.

6) What made it stupid?

   The citizens were not happy...

7) Can you connect the dots that led you to this idea?

   I was low on funds, low on land, and my mayor's rating wasn't exactly optimal. The rest is pretty much history.

-Peter

3 comments:

  1. You range from the sublime...

    "It's great to have "ideas" like these that are unanswered because this way there is room for discussion and debate and most of all, creative thought. Since these ideas have no definite answer, you are free to think what you want to think and beautifully never find an answer."

    to the ridiculous....

    "I built three coal power plants in the center of one of my metropolises in Sim City 4 because there was no room on the outskirts of the city."

    What an interesting brain you have! I'm delighted to have that brain in STAC!

    Warm regards,
    Luke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Luke, seriously though, that is a great game...

      Delete
  2. "For the record, I thought the questions needed to be handed in physically during class...a little miscalculation on my part. Anyway, here are the answers to the questions, completed on time, "handed in" one day late:"

    There is a lot of room for little mistakes and latenesses in STAC. You're allowed to be yourself, human, wrong, etc.

    ReplyDelete